Tuesday, November 5, 2013

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world..."

Hello.  My name is Abbie.  I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  My goal in writing this blog is to share my faith, and hopefully be a source of good in this world that is so lost, it doesn't even realize it doesn't know where it is going.  I believe in God.  I believe that Jesus Christ lived, died, and rose again on the third day as my personal Savior, and yours.  I believe that the scriptures are the word of God, and that by searching and pondering them daily, we can come to know our Father in Heaven and our Savior Jesus Christ, and the plan of happiness that they have prepared for each of us.

Each day, when I read my scriptures, I write down a few notes about what I gleaned from my study, and how it applies to my life, today.  Just now, as I finished an entry in my scripture journal, I thought to myself, "Why do I keep this to myself?  There are so many people like me, or not like me, that need to know of the goodness of God, and the reality of Jesus Christ.  I need to be brave, be bold, and share."  Of course, I do believe that some things are too sacred and personal, and that not everything one discovers--especially spiritually--should be shared with everyone, or even anyone, so this is not my complete scripture journal.  However, like I said, I just want to make a difference.  What if only one person ever reads this blog?  Well...what if it helps that one person feel the love of God in their life and realize who they are, as His child?  Then no matter the hours spent writing, every second will have been worth it.  What if tons of people read this blog and most of them shoot down what I share?  Or what if even all of them shoot it down?  Then I tried, and my faith and personal testimony will be stronger for it.

"Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life."  -John 8:12

Bottom line...Jesus Christ is the light of the world.  He blesses us, as his disciples, with the responsibility of sharing it with the world.  I am simply striving to live, love, and share as he did when he lived on this Earth.  So come, join with me, comment as you wish, and feel the true joy and happiness that comes from the gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment