Wednesday, November 6, 2013

"Fret not thyself because of evil men"

At one point in time, my husband, during his study of psychology, was continually coming home, sharing stories of horrible things that were done to innocent people.  As someone who feels easily laden down with the darkness of this world, it quickly became too much for me to handle.  I couldn't be the listening ear my husband needed me to be.  How was I supposed to deal with all of this evil?

Proverbs 24:19-20 "(19)Fret not thyself because of evil men, neither be thou envious at the wicked; (20)For there shall be no reward to the evil man; the candle of the wicked shall be put out."

We must remember that God is in control.  Does he allow his children to prove themselves good or evil?  Yes.  That has been his plan from the beginning.  However, we have to remember that we are fighting in a battle, of which, we already know the end result.  Good will conquer evil.  God will win.  All that is left to decide, is whose side we will be found fighting for.

I decided that, rather than letting each bit of darkening news weigh me down and discourage me, I should let my sympathy for those innocent children of God motivate me to do more good and spread more light in this world.  If, each time I hear of something terrible, I do something good for someone else I will be adding light and goodness to this world that is in such great need of it.  Can I ever "make up" for those terrible things that have been done to innocent people and are continually done?  No.  Only Jesus Christ can do that.  However, I can be a force for good in the world.  We all can be.

No comments:

Post a Comment